Preposition Beginning With C, D, F, and G

 


Preposition Beginning With C, D, F, and G

Prepositions beginning with C

One-word prepositions

circa = (biasanya di awali tanggal, bulan, tahun) sekitar, kurang lebih, kira-kira

• He died circa 1270.

concerning = tentang, mengenai, perihal, akan, berkenaan dgn

• Your teacher talked to me concerning your homework. 

• I have some questions concerning your decision.

considering = mengingat, dengan mempertimbangkan

• Considering the poor quality, I think the price is too high. 

• I think I must be going, considering the time.

counting = perhitungan

• There were four people, or five counting the baby. 

• That makes $70, not counting the tax. 

cum = sekaligus

• I have a study-cum-bedroom. 

• She is a kind of secretary-cum-receptionist.

Complex prepositions

close to = dekat

• My car is close to your car. About two cars away.

contrary to = berbeda dengan 

• Contrary to expectations, the euro fell in value.


Prepositions beginning with D

One-word prepositions

despite = walaupun

• We went swimming despite the cold water. 

• He passed the test despite being ill.

down = ke bawah, dibawah

• They ran down the hill. 

• The post office is down the road. 

• They have had many wars down the years. 

during = selama

• He fell asleep during the meeting. 

• I want to go swimming during the weekend. 

• I was bored during the whole film.

Complex prepositions

depending on = bergantung kepada

• We'll play tennis tomorrow, depending on the rain. 

due to = karena, disebabkan

• The cancellation was due to the rain. There was no other reason.


Prepositions beginning with F
One-word prepositions

following = setelah, sesudah
• We had coffee following lunch. 
• He couldn't work following his illness. 

for (also conjunction) = untuk, bagi, selama, ke, karena, atas, terhadap, akan, demi, buat, guna, karena
• This is for you. 
• Do you want to go for a walk? 
• You use a corkscrew for opening bottles. 
• Cigarettes are bad for you. 
• I'm saving for a new car. 
• Is this the road for Rome? 
• They passed me over for John. 
• Is this the train for Cambridge? 
• I bought it for $10. 
• We worked for three hours. 
• Keep walking for two kilometres. 

from = dari, mulai, sejak, karena, daripada
• Where do you come from? 
• This letter is from my wife. 
• I bought this car from Henry. 
• They prevented me from entering. 
• My car is different from yours. 
• We worked from Monday to Wednesday. 
• Paper is made from wood. 
• It can cost anything from $5 to $15. 
• The police took my driving licence from me. 
• He died from overwork.

Complex prepositions

forward of = depan dari
• He was sitting forward of me in the plane. I could just see the back of his head.

further to = lebih lanjut
• Further to your letter, I have spoken to Mr Brown.

Prepositions beginning with G
One-word prepositions

given = dengan pertimbangan
• He is in very good health, given his age. He's at least 95. 
• Given the time, you ought to leave now.

gone (mainly British English) = sudah mencapai
• It's certainly gone 11 o'clock. It must be 11.30. 
• He's gone 50. He must be nearly 60 years old.

Demikian, semoga dapat bermanfaat..

Link