Preposition Beginning With I, L, M, N and P

 

Preposition Beginning With I, L, M, N and P

Prepositions beginning with I

One-word prepositions

in = di, dalam, pada, di dalam, dengan, secara, untuk, atas, menurut, antara, di antara, waktu, mengikut, lagi

• Monkeys live in the jungle. 

• John is the man with his hand in his pocket. 

• I live in an apartment. 

• She lives in Bangkok. 

• Tara was born in 1977. 

• Trains were invented in the nineteenth century. 

• I'll come back in two weeks. 

• Let's meet in the morning. 

• There are 60 seconds in a minute.

including = termasuk, dan juga

• The price is $70 including $10 for delivery. (Total = $70.) 

• There were four of us, including the baby.

inside = didalam, dalam, kedalam, dibagian dalam

• It was dark inside the tunnel. 

• My modem is inside my computer. It's an internal modem.

into = ke, menjadi, ke dalam, atas, sampai

• John went into that shop. 

• If you heat ice it turns into water. 

• We cut the cake into ten pieces. 

• Five into ten makes two.


Complex prepositions

in addition to = selain, disamping itu

• There were two people in addition to me. So that made three of us.

in between = diantara

• He is in between the two opinions. He wants to compromise.

in case of = seandainya

• You can phone me in case of need. Day or night.

in face of = menghadapi

• He reacts bravely in face of danger. 

in favour of = mendukung

• I am not in favour of your idea. It won't work.

in front of = didepan, dihadapan, dimuka

• You can park your car in front of my house. 

• I couldn't see the film because the woman in front of me was wearing a big hat. 

in lieu of = sebagai pengganti

• I don't have any dollars. Can I pay euro in lieu of dollars?

in spite of = meskipun, walaupun

• We went swimming in spite of the cold water.

instead of = daripada, sebagai gantinya

• We don't have any tea. Would you like coffee instead of tea? 

in view of = mengingat

• In view of your illness, we will wait for a week.


Prepositions beginning with L
One-word prepositions

less = dikurangi
• 10 less 3 = 7.

like = seperti
• She is like her sister. 
• She sings like a bird. 
• It's not like John to complain. 
• Do it like this. 
• I feel like swimming. 
• It looks like rain. 
• I want something cold, like iced-coffee.

Prepositions beginning with M
One-word prepositions

minus = dikurangi
• 10 minus 3 = 7. 
• The temperature is minus 30 degrees centigrade.

Prepositions beginning with N
One-word prepositions

near = dekat
• The school is near the post office. 
• It's 20 December. We are very near Christmas Day.

notwithstanding = meskipun, walaupun, sekalipun
• Notwithstanding the low price, I don't want it. 
• They went swimming, notwithstanding the rain. 
• They went swimming, the rain notwithstanding.

Complex prepositions

near to = dempet, dekat dengan
• There is a restaurant near to my office. Just two minutes away. 

next to = di sebelah
• The school is next to the bank. Between the hotel and the bank.

Prepositions beginning with O
One-word prepositions

of = dari, untuk, akan, karena, kurang

• I live in the house at the end of the road.
• Where is the key of the car?
• Do you like the work of Shakespeare?
• What was the cost of this book?
• He lives in the City of Westminster.
• It was kind of you to help me.
• This is the cause of the problem.
• He died of cancer.
• Most tables are made of wood.
• Can I have a cup of coffee?
• I know some of these people.
• I don't know any of these people.
• He lives south of London.
• He lives in the south of London.

off = lepas, keluar, jauh, dekat, kurang, sebelah
• Please take your shoes off the table.
• Keep off the grass.
• It fell off the table and broke.
• They live in a street off Fifth Avenue.

on = pada, di, tentang, atas, untuk, dalam, mengenai, disebelah, demi
• Please don't put your shoes on the table.
• The picture is on page 7.
• We live on a busy road. It's very noisy.
• She is sunbathing on the beach.
• Is there water on the Moon?
• I need a book on bio-chemistry.
• My birthday is on Monday.
• I start work on 7 May.
• Let's meet on the weekend. (American English)
• I'll see you on Christmas Day.
• You must be on time.
• He broke his leg on getting out of the car.

onto (mainly American English) see on to = atas, diatas
• The cat jumped onto the chair.
• The police are onto us. (slang)

opposite = dihadapan, berhadapan, tentang
• There is a post office opposite my house.
• She sat opposite him and looked into his eyes.

outside = diluar, kecuali, keluar dari
• I don’t live in London. I live outside London.
• It was very cold outside the car.
• This is outside my scope.

over = atas, diatas, pada
• We are flying over the mountains.
• Put the blanket over the bed.
• The cat jumped over the wall.
• Let’s discuss it over dinner.
• The king ruled over the country for many years.
• The town is just over the border.
• It cost over $50. It was $53.25.
• There is rain over the whole country.
• It took over an hour to do my homework.
• The population has increased over the past twenty years.
• Can you stay with us over Christmas?

Complex prepositions

on account of = karena, sebab
• Don't worry on account of me. Think about yourself.

on behalf of = atas nama
• I'm calling you on behalf of Mr Brown. I represent him in legal matters.

on board = diatas kapal
• Is there a doctor on board this plane?

on to (mainly British English) see onto = atas, diatas
• The cat jumped on to the chair.

on top of = diatas dari
• The cat is sitting on top of the television.

opposite to = berlawanan dengan
• There is a tree opposite to the house. Straight across the road.

other than = selain
• Sorry, we're out of whisky. But we have every drink other than whisky.

out of = dari, karena, dari dalam, tak ada, tak baik, tak enak
• Take your hands out of your pockets and help me!
• He went out of the room to smoke a cigarette.
• We're out of eggs. Shall I buy some?

outside of = diluar
• They stopped outside of the city to check the map before entering.

owing to = karena, berkat, sebab
• We didn't go swimming, owing to the cold weather.

Prepositions beginning with P

One-word prepositions

past = melewati, lewat

• I saw you yesterday when we drove past your school. 

• The post office is just past the police station. 

• Don't work past your bed-time. 

• This is difficult. It's past me. 

• It's nearly ten minutes past five. 5.09 to be precise. 

pending = seraya menantikan

• We cannot supply you pending payment. 

• Pending his return, we can do nothing. 

• There were many arguments pending the negotiations.

per = per, setiap

• The speed limit is 70 miles per hour. 

• The carpet costs $10 per square metre.

plus = tambah

• 2 plus 2 = 4. 

• There will be three of us, plus the baby. So that's four in total.

pro = mendukung

• Are you pro capital punishment or against it? 

• He is very modern. He is generally pro new ideas.

Complex prepositions

preparatory to = persiapan, sebelum

• I made a graph preparatory to the meeting, so everything was ready.

prior to = sebelum
• I never spoke French prior to living in France. But I learned quickly after coming to 

Demikian, Semoga dapat bermanfaat..

Link