Preposition Beginning With I, L, M, N and P

 

Preposition Beginning With I, L, M, N and P

Prepositions beginning with I

One-word prepositions

in = di, dalam, pada, di dalam, dengan, secara, untuk, atas, menurut, antara, di antara, waktu, mengikut, lagi

Monkeys live in the jungle. 

John is the man with his hand in his pocket. 

I live in an apartment. 

She lives in Bangkok. 

Tara was born in 1977. 

Trains were invented in the nineteenth century. 

I'll come back in two weeks. 

Let's meet in the morning. 

There are 60 seconds in a minute.

including = termasuk, dan juga

The price is $70 including $10 for delivery. (Total = $70.) 

There were four of us, including the baby.

inside = didalam, dalam, kedalam, dibagian dalam

It was dark inside the tunnel. 

My modem is inside my computer. It's an internal modem.

into = ke, menjadi, ke dalam, atas, sampai

John went into that shop. 

If you heat ice it turns into water. 

We cut the cake into ten pieces. 

Five into ten makes two.


Complex prepositions

in addition to = selain, disamping itu

There were two people in addition to me. So that made three of us.

in between = diantara

He is in between the two opinions. He wants to compromise.

in case of = seandainya

You can phone me in case of need. Day or night.

in face of = menghadapi

He reacts bravely in face of danger. 

in favour of = mendukung

I am not in favour of your idea. It won't work.

in front of = didepan, dihadapan, dimuka

You can park your car in front of my house. 

I couldn't see the film because the woman in front of me was wearing a big hat. 

in lieu of = sebagai pengganti

I don't have any dollars. Can I pay euro in lieu of dollars?

in spite of = meskipun, walaupun

We went swimming in spite of the cold water.

instead of = daripada, sebagai gantinya

We don't have any tea. Would you like coffee instead of tea? 

in view of = mengingat

In view of your illness, we will wait for a week.


Prepositions beginning with L
One-word prepositions

less = dikurangi
10 less 3 = 7.

like = seperti
She is like her sister. 
She sings like a bird. 
It's not like John to complain. 
Do it like this. 
I feel like swimming. 
It looks like rain. 
I want something cold, like iced-coffee.

Prepositions beginning with M
One-word prepositions

minus = dikurangi
10 minus 3 = 7. 
The temperature is minus 30 degrees centigrade.

Prepositions beginning with N
One-word prepositions

near = dekat
The school is near the post office. 
It's 20 December. We are very near Christmas Day.

notwithstanding = meskipun, walaupun, sekalipun
Notwithstanding the low price, I don't want it. 
They went swimming, notwithstanding the rain. 
They went swimming, the rain notwithstanding.

Complex prepositions

near to = dempet, dekat dengan
There is a restaurant near to my office. Just two minutes away. 

next to = di sebelah
The school is next to the bank. Between the hotel and the bank.

Prepositions beginning with O
One-word prepositions

of = dari, untuk, akan, karena, kurang

I live in the house at the end of the road.
Where is the key of the car?
Do you like the work of Shakespeare?
What was the cost of this book?
He lives in the City of Westminster.
It was kind of you to help me.
This is the cause of the problem.
He died of cancer.
Most tables are made of wood.
Can I have a cup of coffee?
I know some of these people.
I don't know any of these people.
He lives south of London.
He lives in the south of London.

off = lepas, keluar, jauh, dekat, kurang, sebelah
Please take your shoes off the table.
Keep off the grass.
It fell off the table and broke.
They live in a street off Fifth Avenue.

on = pada, di, tentang, atas, untuk, dalam, mengenai, disebelah, demi
Please don't put your shoes on the table.
The picture is on page 7.
We live on a busy road. It's very noisy.
She is sunbathing on the beach.
Is there water on the Moon?
I need a book on bio-chemistry.
My birthday is on Monday.
I start work on 7 May.
Let's meet on the weekend. (American English)
I'll see you on Christmas Day.
You must be on time.
He broke his leg on getting out of the car.

onto (mainly American English) see on to = atas, diatas
The cat jumped onto the chair.
The police are onto us. (slang)

opposite = dihadapan, berhadapan, tentang
There is a post office opposite my house.
She sat opposite him and looked into his eyes.

outside = diluar, kecuali, keluar dari
I don’t live in London. I live outside London.
It was very cold outside the car.
This is outside my scope.

over = atas, diatas, pada
We are flying over the mountains.
Put the blanket over the bed.
The cat jumped over the wall.
Let’s discuss it over dinner.
The king ruled over the country for many years.
The town is just over the border.
It cost over $50. It was $53.25.
There is rain over the whole country.
It took over an hour to do my homework.
The population has increased over the past twenty years.
Can you stay with us over Christmas?

Complex prepositions

on account of = karena, sebab
Don't worry on account of me. Think about yourself.

on behalf of = atas nama
I'm calling you on behalf of Mr Brown. I represent him in legal matters.

on board = diatas kapal
Is there a doctor on board this plane?

on to (mainly British English) see onto = atas, diatas
The cat jumped on to the chair.

on top of = diatas dari
The cat is sitting on top of the television.

opposite to = berlawanan dengan
There is a tree opposite to the house. Straight across the road.

other than = selain
Sorry, we're out of whisky. But we have every drink other than whisky.

out of = dari, karena, dari dalam, tak ada, tak baik, tak enak
Take your hands out of your pockets and help me!
He went out of the room to smoke a cigarette.
We're out of eggs. Shall I buy some?

outside of = diluar
They stopped outside of the city to check the map before entering.

owing to = karena, berkat, sebab
We didn't go swimming, owing to the cold weather.

Prepositions beginning with P

One-word prepositions

past = melewati, lewat

I saw you yesterday when we drove past your school. 

The post office is just past the police station. 

Don't work past your bed-time. 

This is difficult. It's past me. 

It's nearly ten minutes past five. 5.09 to be precise. 

pending = seraya menantikan

We cannot supply you pending payment. 

Pending his return, we can do nothing. 

There were many arguments pending the negotiations.

per = per, setiap

The speed limit is 70 miles per hour. 

The carpet costs $10 per square metre.

plus = tambah

2 plus 2 = 4. 

There will be three of us, plus the baby. So that's four in total.

pro = mendukung

Are you pro capital punishment or against it? 

He is very modern. He is generally pro new ideas.

Complex prepositions

preparatory to = persiapan, sebelum

I made a graph preparatory to the meeting, so everything was ready.

prior to = sebelum
I never spoke French prior to living in France. But I learned quickly after coming to 

Demikian, Semoga dapat bermanfaat..

Link