Learn English Through A game Of Shadow

 


Learn English Through A game Of Shadow

1. Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) and his longtime trusted associate, Doctor Watson (Jude Law), take on their arch-nemesis, Professor Moriarty (Jared Harris), with the help of Holmes' older brother Mycroft Holmes (Stephen Fry) and a gypsy named Simza (Noomi Rapace).

  • nemesis = musuh bebuyutan

2. A Shame your activities have landed you in the gutter.

  • gutter = selokan, talang, got

3. An Egyptian sarcophagus of outstanging providenceRetrieved from the valley of the kings.

  • sarcophagus = peti mayat
  • outstanging = luar biasa
  • providence = pemeliharaan, takdir, penghematan
  • retrieved = diperoleh

4. It's been apparent me for some time that you have succumbed to your feelings for him And this isn't the first occasion Mr. Holmes has inconvenienced me in recent months.

  • apparent = semu, tampak, jelas kelihatan
  • succumbed = menyerah
  • inconvenienced = menyusahkan, mengganggu, 

5. I no longer require your services. Glasses and Silverware clank... Moans..

  • clank = berdering
  • Moans = erangan, mengeluh, merintih, meraung

6. Holmes, are you in there? Your hedge needs trimming Remember, I have to catch the last

  • hedge = pagar
  • trimming = pemangkasan, hiasan

7. All the while verging on a decisive breakthrough in the single most important case of my career. Perhaps of all time.

  • verging = hampir, mendekati
  • decisive = penentu, menentukan
  • breakthrough = terobosan, pemencahan

8. Just the other day, I averted an explosion that was intended for him.

  • averted = mencegah, menangkal, menghindari

9. You're Drinking embalming fluid.

  • embalming = pembalseman

10. I should've brought you a sedative. I'll give my life to see his demise. He must be stopped, Before his evil machinations come to a crescendo.

  • sedative = obat penenang, obat penawar
  • demise = kematian, pemberian warisa
  • crescendo = dimainkan semakin keras

11. And how will you do all this? Don't be a dingy bird.

  • dingy = kotor, kumal

12. May I deduce that you rarely strays from the path.. that runs from your home to the Diogenes Club, and never on a Monday when they serve your favorite potted shrimps.

  • deduce = menyimpulkan, menarik kesimpulan
  • strays = menyimpang, ngelantur, mengembara

13. I'm here to avoid a dire catastrophe If the concerns of two nations, Which will remain nameless, But I can tell you they speak French and German.

  • dire = mengerikan, menakutkan
  • catastrophe = malapetaka, bencana alam

14. He's the keeper of the Broome covet of state, No ambition, No energy, At yet repeatedly told he's indispensable to the British government, Particularly the foreign office I would like to propose a toast.

  • covet = mendambakan, iri
  • indispensable = sangat diperlukan, yang diperlukan

15. What about the chaps from my medical school? I attempted... They declined There no man better ...

  • chaps = bab

16. Just as your suppose to organize my stag party You don't want to lose it on a bet.... John.

  • stag = rusa jantan, bujangan

17. The strain proves to much for her And she suddenly falls ill.

  • strain = tekanan, ketegangan

18. The most sensible honeymoon destination of all

  • sensible = masuk akal, bijaksana, sadar

19. Oh yes, My most loathed Mary, I do not love you, I never wish to see you again Uh every moment I count away from you is a blessing.

  • loathed = benci, membenci

20. This faint scrape where he dragged the tripod and... set it up...

  • faint = pingsan, lemah, redup, kusam, samar
  • scrape = mengikis, menggores, menggaruk, bergeser

Demikian, semoga dapat bermanfaat..

Link